Fashion's Premier Competition Series PROJECT RUNWAY Returns To New York With Style Icons Heidi Klum, Tim Gunn, Michael Kors, Nina Garcia And 16 Exciting And Talented New Designers, Beginning January 14
Lifetime Television and The Weinstein Company heat up winter with the return of 2009's highest rated cable reality program among Women 18+ and in Households, Project Runway, as the series heads back to New York for an all-new season. Premiering on Thursday, January 14, 2010, at 10PM ET/PT, host Heidi Klum, mentor Tim Gunn, judges Michael Kors (leading designer) and Nina Garcia (fashion director for Marie Claire magazine) will be joined by 16 new designers vying for a shot to make their way to Bryant Park and show their collection in front of top industry insiders during New York Fashion Week.
For Project Runway Season Seven, designers return to the Atlas apartments, Parsons work room and revisit the Manhattan Mood as they create their couture visions for the runway. As part of the winner's prize package, the victorious designer will receive an editorial feature in Marie Claire magazine, the opportunity to sell their line on Bluefly.com, a $50,000 technology suite by HP and Intel to create, design and run their business, and a cash prize of $100,000 from L'Oréal Paris to launch their own fashion line.
Season Two of Models of the Runway launches at 11:00PM ET/PT, beginning January 14, 2010, with 16 fresh faces aspiring for their chance at being paired with the last Project Runway designer standing on the catwalk. Models of the Runway provides a back-stage look at Project Runway from the models' perspective. The winning model will receive a $25,000 cash prize from L'Oréal Paris Studio Secrets Professional make-up line and will also be featured in the designer's fashion spread in Marie Claire.
L'Oréal Paris cosmetics line and the haircare, styling and haircolor brand Garnier will return to serve as the official category partners for both series.
In addition, Project Runway and Models of the Runway will be in High-Definition, where available, for the first time. Both series are produced by The Weinstein Company, Miramax Films, Bunim-Murray Productions and Full Picture.
The Project Runway Season Seven designers are:
* Amy Sarabi, 26 - Hometown: Plano, TX; Resides in Oakland, CA
* Anna Lynett, 23 - Hometown: Whitefish Bay, WI; Resides in Los Angeles, CA
* Anthony L. Williams, 28 - Hometown: Birmingham, AL; Resides in Atlanta, GA
* Ben Chmura, 30 - Hometown: South Meriden, CT; Resides in Tampa, FL
* Christiane King, 30 - Hometown: Abidjan, Cote d' Ivorie/Resides in Los Angeles, CA
* Emilio Sosa, 43 - Hometown: Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic; Resides in New York, NY
* Jay Nicolas Sario, 31 - Hometown: The Philippines; Resides in San Francisco, CA
* Janeane Marie Ceccanti, 28 -Hometown: Willows, CA; Resides in Portland, OR
* Jesse LeNoir, 25 - Hometown: Painesville, OH; Resides in Orlando, FL
* Jesus Estrada, 21- Hometown: Mazatlan, Sinaloa, Mexico; Resides in San Diego, CA
* Jonathan Joseph Peters, 29 - Hometown: Woonsocket, RI; Resides in Providence, RI
* Maya Luz, 22 - Hometown: Santa Fe, NM; Resides in New York, NY
* Mila Hermanovski, 40 - Hometown: Dallas, TX; Resides in Los Angeles, CA
* Pamela Ptak, 47 - Hometown: Pittsfield, MA; Resides in Riegelsville, PA
* Ping Wu, 33- Hometown: Chendu, Sichuan Province, China; Resides in Chicago, IL
* Seth Aaron Henderson, 38 - Hometown: San Diego, CA; Resides in Vancouver, WA
The Models of the Runway Season Two contestants are:
* Alexis Broker - Hometown: Denver, CO; Resides in Highlands Ranch, CO
* Alison Gingerich - Hometown: Leesburg, OH; Resides in Los Angeles, CA
* Brandise Danesewich - Hometown: Saskatchewan, Canada; Resides in Los Angeles, CA
* Brittany Oldehoff - Hometown: Fort Lauderdale, FL; Resides in Miami, FL
* Cerri McQuillan - Hometown: Dublin, Ireland; Resides in New York, NY
* Elizaveta Melnitchenko - Hometown: Salzburg, Austria; Resides in Los Angeles, CA
* Holly Ridings - Hometown: Roscoe, IL; Resides in Los Angeles, CA
* Kasey Ashcraft - Hometown: Salisbury, MD; Resides in Los Angeles, CA/Miami, FL
* Kelly Gervais - Hometown: Livingston, NJ; Resides in Haledon, NJ
* Kristina Sajko - Hometown: Zagreb, Croatia; Resides in Los Angeles, CA
* Lorena Angjeli - Hometown: Albania; Resides in New York, NY
* Megan Davis - Hometown: Des Moines, IA; Resides in Los Angeles, CA
* Monique Darton - Hometown: Brainerd, MN; Resides in New York, NY
* Sarah Bell - Hometown: Cincinnati, OH; Resides in Los Angeles, CA
* Sophia Lee - Hometown: Taipei, Taiwan; Resides in Los Angeles, CA
* Valeria Leonova - Hometown: Tula, Russia; Resides in New York, NY
Lifetime Digital's Project Runway Season Seven and Models of the Runway Season Two web sites launch today with robust content offerings to introduce the new designers and models. The Designer Portfolio highlights the designers' work and inspirations before their participation in the series - and will feature sketches and final designs for each design in every episode once the season begins. The sites will also feature a series of short-form videos that give a glimpse into the lives of the designers and models. Each designer will be highlighted in four videos including a home visit, a closet tour, the audition tape and the casting tape. Model videos include a home visit and closet tour. Additional details about Lifetime Digital's in-season offerings for Project Runway and Models of the Runway will be announced in January.